Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sketches from the Cruise



I had a wonderful time on the cruise. We spent most of our days on lounge chairs on the ship. I love people watching and there was much to see on the cruise! I decided that since I really don't draw or paint people that it would be good practice to sketch my fellow passengers. I just used a pencil for these but I wish I had used pen. I am trying to figure out a good way to take photos of the sketches since the lines are so light. More tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful and very expressive sketches!!
    I'm very glad to be in this challenge and as I already told Maggie, it's nice to do this together with other people... you learn a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gestural sketches, and it sounds like you had a very relaxing time. Do you scan your drawings...you may be able to get better definition with a scanner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen:
    Sketching people has been a challenge for me. They always seem to move just as I start to sketch them. But it can be fun. Maybe I need to take a cruise. Perhaps people stay put for longer intervals of time on a ship and I might stand a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to convince my husband to "cruise", he says what will you do all that time....silly man, sit and sketch of course! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Thanks for the idea of scanning the sketches. I need a scanner now!! I hope to visit everyone's blog today to see what you've been up to. I am still playing catch up from the trip!!

    ReplyDelete