Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Keeping a Sketchbook ....Getting Started

I googled 'Keeping a Sketchbook' and all kinds of information is available. It was a bit overwhelming. What kind of sketchbook? What mediums? What do I put in the sketchbook? Just drawings or can I put in notes and thoughts and clipping? I decided it would be best if I kept it simple. Use a blank a sketchbook that I already have and just draw in it everyday. I will draw one of the 10,000 things around me. If I want to add notes, add a clipping, use something other than a pencil, I am free to do so. In other words...NO RULES! The only thing I will require of myself is to pick up the sketchbook every day and draw something....a doodle, a serious sketch...it doesn't matter. Just draw something and of course post it to this blog.
I will need to choose a sketchbook portable enough to take with me yet large enough to draw freely. I considered the small moleskines because I love the idea of having a box of moleskines filled with my sketches. But I think they would be too small and I want soemthing to lay flat. I decided to start with a canson hardcover spiral sketchbook 6x6. We'll see how this works out.

So if you would like to join me in this project go ahead and choose your sketchbook and get ready. The project begins on January 1st. I'd love to see your comments and your sketchbook choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment